Residents who wish to plant annuals and perennials in the mulched beds adjacent to their units should complete this form for approval from the Landscape Committee.
Completing this form indicates that you will maintain the flower bed in accordance with the general rules found on pages 20, 14, 29 and 30 in the Mews Handbook which can be found on the Mews website. Additionally, please adhere to the guidelines listed below.
The responsible party agrees to the following:
- Plant only annuals or perennials. Vegetables are not permitted outside the fenced patio area. Prior approval is required to plant anything other than annuals or perennials.
- Deadhead (remove spent flowers), weed, and water the flower bed regularly.
- Will not install any invasive plants, including but not limited to, English Ivy and Wisteria.
- Mulch with shredded hard wood mulch. This should not include wood chips, pine mulch, cypress mulch, or colored mulch.
- Install a red reflector in the flower bed.
- Container gardens/flower pots are not to be installed on fences or located outside the patio.
- Understands that the Mews Board of Directors reserves the right to remove improperly maintained beds.
Please submit the following information to request a waiver. Submission of this form indicates that you agree to the guidelines listed above.